Jun 15, 2022
- Large Group
- Small Group
Introducing Elevance Health
We are pleased to announce that our shareholders voted to approve our parent company's name change from Anthem, Inc. to Elevance Health, Inc. (NYSE Ticker Symbol - ELV) effective June 28, 2022. Here's what you can expect:
- A bold new vision for the future of health
We chose the name Elevance Health to better reflect our business as we elevate the importance of whole health and advance health beyond healthcare for consumers, customers, their families, and our communities. This new vision, along with our purpose to improve the health of humanity, fueled our transformation from a traditional health benefits organization to a health company that looks beyond the traditional scope of physical health.
- A more holistic approach to health that improves affordability and outcomes
By building our broad portfolio of health plans, including pharmacy, behavioral, clinical, and complex care assets, we can deliver integrated, holistic health solutions to meet the increasing needs of our customers and partners. This includes two notable changes:
- Our healthcare service affiliates will operate under a new brand called Carelon. This includes AIM Specialty Health, Beacon Health Options, CareMarket, IngenioRx, Legato Health Technologies, and Meridian Resource Company.
- IngenioRx, our pharmacy benefit management company, will become CarelonRx on January 1, 2023. This name change will not impact employee benefits, coverage, or how medications are filled. We will communicate detailed information about this change soon, but rest assured, you and your clients will experience no impact.
- A simpler brand portfolio that makes it easier to do business with us
We've streamlined and simplified the complexity of our health plan and services businesses and reduced the number of brands we have in the market, so our partners and customers clearly understand where we serve, who we serve, and what our brands do.
- There will be no impact or changes to your clients' plans, coverage, or level of support. Our existing Anthem Blue Cross or Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield branded health plans are not changing and will continue to operate in their current states. Our existing Empire BlueCross or Empire BlueCross BlueShield branded health plans are not changing at this time and will continue to operate in New York.
- Select health plans not branded as Blue Cross and Blue Shield will transition to become Wellpoint. This will happen over the course of the next few years.
- The majority of our Medicare and Medicaid plans will also transition to Wellpoint.* Our Medicaid plan in Maryland will be the first to transition to the new Wellpoint brand.
Looking forward together
As your partner, rest assured, there will be no impact to your clients' plans, coverage, or level of support. We will continue to keep you updated with new information as soon as it becomes available. In the meantime, here are some fast facts, and you can also visit our new website elevancehealth.com.
Thank you for joining us on this exciting path ahead as we reimagine what is possible for every moment of health.
Your lifetime, trusted health partner,
Anthem, Inc., soon to be Elevance Health
*All Medicare plans sold in 2022 for plan year 2023 will continue under their existing brand names.